Davis-Waldorf Performing Arts Series To Feature Father-Son Duo

Courtney Cheesman

USAO’s Davis-Waldorf Performing Arts Series (DWPAS) continues this season with the father-son duo, Ryan & Ryan, Feb. 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Chapel.

Based in Tulsa, Donald and Barron Ryan blend classic and contemporary into their piano-playing skills. Their music embodies the genres of jazz, ragtime, hip-hop, blues and soul. Most of their music can be found on YouTube and on their official website ryanandryanmusic.com. Donald, the father in the duo, was inducted into the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame. They have won many awards in musical competitions, such as in the 2011 Midwest Arts Conference.

Dr. Ken Bohannon, coordinator of the DWPAS and associate professor of music, feels that Ryan & Ryan exemplify the mission of the concert series.

“Our goal is to provide performances to our students, our community, and the people of Oklahoma that are both culturally rich and broadly entertaining,” Bohannon said. “With a song list that includes a little something for everyone, Ryan & Ryan fit that bill perfectly, and we are very excited to have them on campus.”

DWPAS is produced by USAO in conjunction with the Chickasha Public School Foundation and is supported by the Oklahoma Arts Council, National Endowment for the Arts, Walton Family Foundation, and USAO Foundation.

Tickets can be bought in the USAO Business Office on the main floor of Troutt Hall or on the university website. Tickets are $7 for USAO faculty and staff and $3 for USAO students. For the general public, tickets are $12, with discounts offered to seniors 60+ for $10, and to children 18 and under for $4.