Fields and Woloss Tied for 10th in Texas

The Drovers earned a 4th place finish in their last regular season tourament
Emma+Fields%2C+USAOs+one+bag%2C+watches+her+shot+fall+during+a+practice+round+at+Winter+Creek.+
Emily Loughridge
Emma Fields, USAO’s one bag, watches her shot fall during a practice round at Winter Creek.

For their last regular season tournament, USAO’s women’s golf team traveled to Willow Park, Texas for the Texas Wesleyan Spring Invite. The 54-hole tournament hosted six teams at the Squaw Creek Golf Course (Par 72, 5845 yards) beginning Monday, Apr. 15 through the following day.

The Drovers traveled with six players. The team was composed of freshman Emma Fields, sophomore Moriah Shropshire, sophomore Hudson Woloss, freshman Adde Glass, and sophomore Addy Asmus. Sophomore Kiera Stehr played as an individual, meaning her scores did not contribute to the team.

USAO put up rounds of 330 (+42), 334 (+46), and 330 (+42) for a total of 994 (+130) earning the team a 4th place finish. The host team, Texas Wesleyan University, walked away with the victory with a total score of 883 (+19).

Fields, the team’s one bag, and Woloss, the team’s three bag, both ended with a tied 10th place finish. In her first round, Fields shot 80 (+8) and recorded one birdie. She followed it up with another round of 80 (+8), and in her final round she shot 81 (+9). Fields totaled 241 (+25).

“My goal going into the SAC championship is to shoot all three rounds with a score of 81 or lower,” Fields said. “The team’s goal overall is for everyone to do their best and to beat our previous team score that we shot there.”

Woloss recorded three birdies in her first round and earned a 77 (+5), which was the best round score for the Drover team. In her second round, Woloss marked an 84 (+12) and finished with an 80 (+8). Woloss recorded five birdies across the three rounds.

Glass, the team’s four bag, had rounds of 84 (+12), 83 (+11), and 88 (+16) to total 255 (+39). She finished 22nd in the tournament.

Shropshire, the team’s two bag, followed closely with a 24th finish. She had consistent rounds of 89 (+17) in her first two rounds. She improved for the final round with a score of 81 (+9). Shropshire recorded five birdies in the tournament. She totaled 259 (+43).

Asmus, the team’s five bag, rounded out the team with a 30th finish in the tournament. She recorded rounds of 92 (+20), 87 (+15), and 94 (+22) for a total of 273 (+57).

As a team, the Drovers recorded 16 birdies, with Woloss and Shropshire leading with five apiece. Asmus contributed three, Fields marked two, and Glass had one.

The team’s lone individual, Stehr tied for 32nd in the tournament. She improved throughout her three rounds as she shot 94 (+22), 93 (+21), and 91 (+19).

As the regular season comes to a close, the Drovers will compete in the Sooner Athletic Conference (SAC) Championship Monday, Apr. 29 through Tuesday, Apr. 30 at Sand Creek Station Golf Course in Newton, Kansas.

“My thoughts as a freshman with the team coming to a close is that we have all grown so much. This program keeps improving greatly, and I’m excited to see where it leads us,” Fields said.

Emily Loughridge is a third-year communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.