Editor’s Note – April 3, 2023

Laura Barrios Bardi

With a busy week in store, Managing Editor Paul Tointigh provides a look at what The Trend will cover as the trimester continues to wind down.

Paul Tointigh, Managing Editor

Hey there Drovers! As the days count down to the end of the trimester, we enter into quite an exciting time for both the campus and for The Trend.

This week will kick off with The Trend’s sixth writers meeting in the Music Pocket in Nash Library. The meeting time is Monday, April 3rd, at 4 p.m. The editors remind the campus that anyone is invited. If you are interested in writing for The Trend, this meeting is for you.

Contributing Writer Bea Bourland will give us a look at the candidates running for various positions in the Student Government Association (SGA). Bourland lays out each candidate and what they have said they will do for USAO if elected to their sought office. Be sure to give this article a read, as valuable insight is given into the candidates for the 2023-2024 academic year.

On Thursday, Droverstock will return to campus. This Droverstock will be a special one for USAO, as this will be the first time since COVID-19 that USAO is holding the Scholastic Meet. Be sure to stay tuned to our Instagram page on Thursday, as Emily and I will be covering the event as it unfolds.

Senior Writer Gary Jackson put on his headphones and reviewed the song “Nobody,” a single by Avenged Sevenfold. “Nobody” was released as a teaser to their album “Life is But a Dream.” This upcoming album will be the first album released after a several year hiatus from the band. What insight does Jackson give for this teaser-trailer single?

As always, if you are interested in writing for The Trend or have any ideas, send us an email or stop by our office! Our email is trend@usao.edu and our office is located in Davis Hall 117. If our door is open, Emily and I are there to talk. Be sure to follow on our social media platforms including, @thetrendusao on Instagram, @thetrend_usao on Twitter, and The Trend on Facebook to keep up with the latest articles and news. Opal, our owl, will be present on all of The Trend’s social media platforms.

With all of this said, remember to take a deep breath, smile, and remember to have a great week USAO!

Paul Tointigh is a third-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.