The Inside Scoop on SAB’s Ice Cream Social

USAO’s ballroom was packed with students as they tasted ice cream and learned th inside scoop on USAO’s various clubs.

Wes Stout

The Ice Cream Social provided an inside scoop on USAO’s 38 clubs and organizations Wednesday, Aug. 26 in the Student Center Ballroom. The USAO Student Activities Board (SAB) hosted the annual event, which provided a double dip combination of ice cream and information.

Michael Nunez, SAB’s president, appreciates the importance of the Ice Cream Social.

He said “It feels great to allow freshman and other students the opportunity to meet all the clubs and their fellow students.”

SAB was but one of the many school-sponsored clubs and organizations that had a booth at the event, along with a large variety of academic and special interest groups. Students can find out more about USAO’s clubs and organizations from the school’s website at www.usao.edu.

The social was one of several SAB sponsored events for Welcome Week that involved the school’s 30 plus clubs and organizations.

Kaitie Dillard, chair of Welcome Week, stated that the Ice Cream Social was typical of USAO sponsored events.

“Welcome Week truly exhibits the expanse of clubs that USAO provides, and it allows freshmen and returning students the opportunity to sample them.”

The Ice Cream Social has become a staple event of Welcome Week, and its counterpart, the Hot Cocoa Social, will be held the first week of the 2016 Spring Trimester.