Handshake is Here to Help You!

Kalep Glandon

Handshake is the leading platform within the nation for career readiness, now available to the students of USAO

Kalep Glandon, Contributing Writer

Struggling to find a job or a career path? Perhaps job hunting seems daunting or formidable to tackle by yourself. Well, USAO has teamed up with Handshake to help you with just that!

Handshake is a job posting and job recruiting service for students, employers, and recruiters. Students can put their resume and interests on their profiles so that Handshake can provide personalized, relevant job postings. Along with this partnership, Handshake shows listings for jobs and work study positions from campus openings.

Members of the Student Success Center (SSC) and USAO alike have been searching for better career building opportunities along with a way to streamline campus job listings for students. The SSC has steadily built their partnership with handshake since January of this year.

“Handshake is the leading platform within the nation for career readiness,” said Dr. Misty Steele, assistant professor of Psychology and director of Student Success. “We researched several options and Handshake was top of the list every single time that we looked for possible platforms to benefit our students.”

Handshake has had promising results for students who have completed their profiles. Dr. Steele said that, as of the beginning of September, 11% of our student population has completed their profiles in a way that they can engage effectively with the platform.

This service is an invaluable tool for current and future students of USAO as you can speak directly to employers and make connections. Handshake allows students to fully explore all their possible career opportunities that might have been unclear or hidden to them.

Handshake is available through the OneLogin portal or the Handshake mobile app. Luckily for students, an account has already been made for all USAO students. Dr. Steele said that students just have to compete their profile to start planning where you would like to see yourself in the future.

For any remaining questions about Handshake or your personal success, email the SSC at ssc@usao.edu.

Kalep Glandon is a fourth-year Business Administration major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma