Ten Drovers Compete in Aggie Duels

Seven men and three women represented USAO in meet
USAOs+ten-person+crew+groups+together+after+the+Aggie+Duels+wrapped+up+in+Lawton.+
Photo provided by Laura Barrios Bardi
USAO’s ten-person crew groups together after the Aggie Duels wrapped up in Lawton.

USAO’s men’s and women’s cross-country teams made the journey to Lawton Friday, Sept. 8, to compete in the Aggie Duels, which is hosted by Cameron University. The meet invites runners from NAIA and DII schools.

The women’s 5K times were not recorded officially, therefore the women have estimations for their times. Laura Barrios Bardi, Chelsea Fuston, and Savannah Creech were at the meet and participated. Bardi finished her run between 26-28 minutes. Fuston completed her run in 32-35 minutes. Unfortunately, Creech was unable to finish her run due to a foot injury.  

For the men, USAO sent Aarin Simon, Tyrike Cunningham, Hunter Dewall, Quintin Pennells, Brayden Keller, Colby Keller, and Ryan Joseph to compete. Simon finished his 8K run first for the Drovers, in 30:34 minutes, resulting in him finishing 43rd. Cunningham was able to complete his run in 33:20 minutes, which earned him a 53rd place finished. Dewall finished with a time of 34:57 minutes, placing 56th. Pennells, Keller, Joseph, and Keller did not finish the race.  

The Drovers look to improve their times in the next meet Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Muthama-Rogers XC Invite, which is hosted by Bethel College. 

Matthew Yokum is a second-year communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.