Nobbs Wellness Center Is A Great Place To Make Marble Pay

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Phillip Bradshaw

The Nobbs Wellness Center gives ample opportunity to improve student’s health by being open Monday through Friday 6-8 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Located on the second floor of the Student Center, the Nobbs Wellness Center offers many different activities, from weight management to spin classes, for free to all current students, faculty, and staff with an I.D card.

The center offers equipment for many different needs including treadmills, dumbbells, stationary bikes, and elliptical and weight machines.

Chris Basco, who supervises the Wellness Center, said the center offers programs to help people manage weight loss. In fact, he designed and put together everything involved with the facility.

“It’s my job to develop programs to help people come in here and lose weight and get active,” Basco said.

Basco said the center offers incentives to students who want to lose weight.

“We have a weight loss competition called ‘Make Marble Pay’ that starts at the beginning of each trimester. For every pound lost, Vice President Dex Marble will donate $10 from his own pocket.”

The Nobbs Wellness Center may not be for everyone, especially for heavy lifters.

“The USAO weight room in the old gym is a great place to go if you want to use free weights for more intense workouts. It isn’t just for student athletes. It’s for everyone.”