Bad Bunny Rants About AI Song

AI created a song replicating Bad Bunny’s voice, which led to a rant from the artist
Yaiza Larrauri
Laura Barrios Bardi and Giselle Calderon listen to the AI song, “Nostalgla” which replicates Bad Bunny’s voice.

Puerto Rican star, Bad Bunny, has recently gone on a rant about a viral TikTok song called “NostalgIA,” that uses AI to replicate his voice and Spanish singer, Bad Gyal’s vocals. The song has generated over millions of views and many fans have taken to social media to express how much they enjoy the AI track.

Although Bad Bunny claims his real fans would never listen to the song, the majority disagrees. Videos all over TikTok have surfaced of the song being played in night clubs demonstrating exactly just how popular the artificial song has gotten among Bad Bunny’s fans. The artist took it upon himself to go on a rant on a WhatsApp channel. The artist expressed that he didn’t want anyone who liked that song to remain in his WhatsApp group chat.

“You don’t deserve to be my friends,” Bad Bunny wrote in spanish. “I don’t want them on the tour either.”

The singer also used a few expletives to describe the AI creation. Bad Gyal, who is name dropped and featured in the AI song, posted a video of herself singing the song but then deleted the video shortly after. Many fans claim they didn’t know about the song until the Grammy award winner ranted about it in his chat.

“This is how I found out there was an AI bad bunny song trending papi be careful ur giving it publicity,” one user wrote.

Recently the creator of the Viral AI song has taken to TikTok to respond to the artist. In its response the creator expresses his desire to collaborate with the artist stating,

“If people liked a song created by a robot so much, can you imagine if you recorded it?” The AI continued with its offer, “We would make history, the first hit created publicly from scratch. I give it to you for free with all rights.”

Many fans believe that Bad Bunny should capitalize off the song and embrace the new form of artistry. His views against the artificially created track have sparked debates about the boundaries of creativity and the impact of AI on music production. The Latin artist isn’t the first to express his disdain towards the new technology. Other artist, including Drake and Ice Cube have expressed their strong dislike for people who use this technology to make music with other artists vocals.

Yaiza Larrauri is a third-year business management and art double major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.