The Student News Site of University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

The Trend

The Trend

The Trend

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

The Trend (@thetrendusao) • Instagram photos and videos

Facebook

Show Your Student ID, Get a Discount!

Several Chickasha businesses offer student discounts
Gary+Jackson+uses+his+student+ID+to+get+a+discount+at+the+local+Chicken+Express+in+Chickasha.+
Paul Tointigh
Gary Jackson uses his student ID to get a discount at the local Chicken Express in Chickasha.

College can be expensive, and students can often worry about money when doing activities in Chickasha.

A college student, however, can take advantage of places and services that offer a special discount to college students. These discounts help alleviate some of the costs of enjoying life in Chickasha outside of the campus.

Without further ado, here are five places that offer a discount towards college students. Please note that all of these places will require students to present their USAO Student ID to prove that they are a currently enrolled student.

1. Chicken Express

Current USAO students can get 10% knocked off of their meal at Chicken Express. This excludes family deals or student specials that the restaurant offers from time to time.

Address: 1700 S 4th St, Chickasha, OK 73018

Phone: (405) 224-5800

2. Brandi’s Bar & Grill

This eating establishment located downtown offers a 10% student discount for college students. Happy hour also takes place from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. every day. Brandi’s is also in the process of coming up with special drinks for college students.

Address: 101 W Chickasha Ave, Chickasha, OK 73018

Phone: (405) 448-5022

3. BJ’s Pizza

Students can get a college special, which is a large one topping pizza (16”) at a discounted price. This is not a bad idea to split between friends.

Address: 208 W Chickasha Ave, Chickasha, OK 73018

Phone: 405) 320-5018

4. Wild Ox Axe Throwing

Students can practice their ax throwing skills at a discounted price on Thursday nights. A 1-hour session will cost Drovers only $15 instead of the regular $22.

Address: 301 W Chickasha Ave, Chickasha, OK, United States, Oklahoma

Phone: (405) 892-8473

5. Jungle Ice Fun Zone

At this mini golf course, students can present their Student ID to pay only $5 per round of mini golf instead of the regular $8.25.

Address: 1304 Grand Ave, Chickasha, OK 73018

Phone: (405) 222-2202

Paul Tointigh is a fourth-year communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.

Ray Thomas-Lapham