The Hrncair Marks Final In-State Tournament of Season

For their final tournament, the Drovers will travel to Kansas
Jaeden+Ellis+uses+his+range+finder+at+Winter+Creek+Golf+Course+earlier+in+the+season.+
Emily Loughridge
Jaeden Ellis uses his range finder at Winter Creek Golf Course earlier in the season.

USAO’s men’s golf team played their last tournament in Oklahoma Monday, Oct. 16 through Tuesday, Oct. 17 in Duncan. The Hrncair, hosted at the Territory Golf Course (Par 72, 6887 yards), invited 13 teams.

USAO’s A team placed 11th overall, with rounds of 303 (+15), 292 (+4), 322 (+34) for a total of 917 (+53). The A team was comprised of Conner Cryer, Jax Brewer, Jaeden Ellis, Cooper Hardison, and Tate Trotter.

Cryer ended tied at 18th place overall. His first two rounds were consistent as he shot even in both. His third round he shot 77 (+5) to end the second day. Throughout his three rounds, Cryer collected 11 birdies.

Brewer tied for 51st place with rounds of 76 (+4), 74 (+2), and 81 (+9). Trotter followed closely behind, as he tied for 62nd. He scored 76 (+4), 77 (+5), and 81 (+9).

Ellis saw the team’s best score in his second round as he shot 69 (-3). Ellis almost had a bogey free round as he saw one bogey and four birdies. He paired round with scores of 79 (+7) and 88 (+16).

Finally, Hardison shot 81 (+9), 79 (+7), and 83 (+11) for a tied 72nd finish. Hardison had an impressive play in his second round as he marked an eagle on hole 7.

USAO brought three individuals, whose scores did not go towards the team’s score, which included Caleb Smith, Luca Gisler, and Luke O’Dell.

Gisler shot 76 (+4), 73 (+1), and 80 (+8) for a tied 42nd finish. O’Dell followed with a tied 68th finish after rounds of 80 (+8), 73 (+1), and 84 (+12). Finally, Smith shot 83 (+11), 70 (-2), and 85 (+13) for a 70th place finish.

For their final tournament of the season, the Drovers will travel to the Sand Creek Station Golf Course in Newton, KS for the Tabor Invite Monday, Oct. 23 through Tuesday, Oct. 24.

Emily Loughridge is a third-year communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.