New Club’s Mission is to Spread Kindness

The Treat People with Kindness Club has goals to spread positivity and kindness around campus
Elyanne Kenney
Kenzi Reynolds, co-president of the Treat People with Kindness club, prepares for the club’s meeting in the Music Pocket of Nash Library.

Do you ever feel like the world needs a little more positivity? USAO’s newly founded Treat People with Kindness Club (TPWK) has a mission of spreading positivity and kindness with small acts around campus. The club’s members encourage anyone who wants to share love with people join their club.

“We want this campus to be a positive place for everybody, so we want to spread kindness anyway we can,” Kenzi Reynolds, TPWK co-president, said.

TPWK plans on writing positive notes and little events such as coming to hang out and listening to music. This club has been in the works for a couple of months now.

“Last semester, my Co-President Josie Castle and I wanted to formulate this club, but we were so busy. But this semester, we got this up and running; we just want people to be loved and involved,” Reynolds said.

Many of the organizations on campus require a lot of work to run; Reynolds stated that they wanted a club that was easy and fun for everyone involved.

“We wanted a club that was inclusive to everybody, no matter how much time they had on campus,” Reynolds said.

The club meets every fourth Tuesday of the month in the Music Pocket of Nash Library at 7 p.m. At every meeting, the club plans to discuss what they can do to spread positivity around campus and will start making their notes and goodies. The next meeting will be Tuesday, Oct. 24.

To learn more about how to become involved and to contact the club, more information can be found on the club’s Instagram (@usao.tpwk) or via email to Kenzi Reynolds or Josie Castle.

Elyanne Kenney is a second-year psychology major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.