The Student News Site of University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

The Trend

The Trend

The Trend

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

The Trend (@thetrendusao) • Instagram photos and videos

Facebook

Treaty Oak Revival Energized its OKC Crowd

Gabi Merchen
A buzz was in the air as the Tower Theater’s crowd waiting for Treaty Oak Revival to take the stage over the weekend.

Looking down from the balcony at OKC’s iconic Tower Theater on Saturday, July 22 one could see a sea of audience members wearing baseball caps and cowboy hats eagerly waiting for the opening act of the evening to take the stage. People visited the bar and bought their merchandise as more and more country fans spilled into the venue. By the time the show was five minutes from starting, an absolutely packed house was alive with excitement. In the moments before the show began, the crowd’s enthusiasm was infectious.

The audience snapped pictures of the unattended instruments as they waited. The excited rock and roll fans of all ages made their way as close to the stage as they could manage, though, luckily, things didn’t seem to get too rowdy.

Suddenly, a beat dropped behind the empty stage and the crowd went wild. A chorus of whoops and hollers from concert attendees filled the entire space as the opener, Matt Williams, took the stage and delivered a performance that got everyone in the audience on their feet. The opener’s seamless blend of blues and folk melodies set the perfect tone for the evening, setting the stage for Treaty Oak Revival’s grand entrance.

When the main act finally emerged, the crowd erupted into cheers as the stage lit up with an enchanting display of visual effects. Known widely for their unique fusion of Americana, folk, and roots rock, they immediately showcased their musical prowess as their unique country sound washed over the theater like a Texas summer breeze.

Treaty Oak Revival treated the audience to a night of true down home country Texas rock. Every song they performed seemed to become more electrically energized than the one that preceded it. The light show was worth the price of admission in and of itself, with streams of bright purple, pink, and blue light washing over the performers and the audience alike.

The band’s lead vocalist, whose soulful voice resonated with every word sung, was accompanied by skilled instrumentalists who played their hearts out, creating an immaculate synergy that captivated all.

Supported by their talented opener, Treaty Oak Revival left the audience in awe and ignited a sense of nostalgia, making it a night to remember for everyone fortunate enough to be present.

Gabi Merchen is a fourth-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.