Woloss Sets Program Record at Championship

Coach Luke Burns

Coach Bruce Renfroe stands alongside his team, including Kiera Stehr, Alix Schueneman, Addysyn Asmus, Hudson Woloss, and Moriah Shropshire.

Addysyn Asmus, Contributing Writer

USAO’s women’s golf wrapped up their season at the Sooner Athletic Conference (SAC) Championship. The tournament was held in Fort Worth, Texas at Waterchase Golf Club (Par 72, 5930 yards). The five-person team was composed of all freshmen, as the lone senior Alli Riddle went down earlier in the season with an injury. The Drovers finished 5th overall in conference play. 

Overall, the Drovers shot a team total of 355 and 348 the first day. On the second day the team ended up shooting 332 with all three rounds totaling to 1035.  

Hudson Woloss, this year’s leading freshman, had an outstanding tournament. She had a three-round score of 229 (75, 81, 73). Woloss set a new program record with her third-round score sitting one over par, and Woloss set another program record with her three round scores combined. She ended up placing 8th overall.  

Moriah Shropshire and Alix Schueneman had a great tournament as well, placing 21st and 22nd. Shropshire put three good scores on the board with scores of 91, 89, and 93 to total 263. Close behind was Schueneman, who had a total score of 265 with three round scores of 94, 86, and 85.  

Addysyn Asmus and Kiera Stehr ended close by. Asmus finished in 24th place and Stehr in 29th place. Asmus had an overall tournament score of 278, with rounds of 95, 92, and 91. Finally, Stehr had three round scores of 114, 108, and 107 totaling 329.  

The Drovers put in the work all season to prove themselves as a young team, and hope to improve in the fall season as the team gains more experience.

Addysyn Asmus is a first-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.