Trunk or Treat Invites Community to USAO

Conner+King+painting+paper+lanterns+for+his+trunk+at+this+years+Trunk+or+Treat+event.+

Sam Little

Conner King painting paper lanterns for his trunk at this year’s Trunk or Treat event.

Sam Little, Contributing Writer

This Halloween, USAO housing and SAB have organized a Trunk or Treat event for the children of the community. Students and organizations on campus are highly encouraged to join and have fun passing out candy and dressing up in their best Halloween costumes.

Bobbie Shores, director of student life and housing, is particularly excited to be a part of this event. She said this will be a great opportunity for students to get involved in the community and support the families in the area. If a student has a costume, a car and some friends, they are more than welcome to register for the event.

“You don’t have to be a part of anything to sign up and participate,” said Shores.

The Trunk or Treat will be held on the south side of the Oval and will go all the way to President John Feaver’s House. Children will be allowed to come onto campus with their families at 6 p.m. to collect candy from the students, staff, clubs, and organizations that will have their cars parked up and down the Oval.

“The Drover Dancers and I are going to be doing a Trunk. We are using my car, and we don’t have a group custom, but a few of us will be there,” said Mary-Grace McNutt, sophomore communication major who will be joining the event.

Shores said candy to give out will be provided by USAO. Students are only required to have a costume and car.

Sam Little is a second-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.