“No Vacancy” (Photo Essay)

This neon sign welcomes particiapnts to step foot into this year’s haunted house at Art Wrecker’s Studios in downtown Chickasha.

Mary-Grace McNutt, Senior Writer

Imagine walking back in time to view Chickasha’s historic Alpine Hotel. Art Wrecker, USAO’s student body, and a handful of community members have resurrected the historic building within Art Wrecker’s studio, located in downtown Chickasha. The haunted house’s staff has titled this year’s scare “No Vacancy.” They make a guarantee that you can check in, but it is unsure if you can check back out.

This frightful time is only here for one night: October 29th. The haunted house is open from 7 pm to 10 pm. Participants may buy their tickets online for $10 or at the door for $12, and the Art Wrecker staff is encouraging participants to buy online tickets this year.

To be historically accurate, many relics from Chickasha’s Alpine Hotel were donated by a local community member. A few pieces you can see scattered through the haunted house include hotel doors and displayed photos and paperwork.

The haunted house is designed in a maze-like format so as participants weave through Art Wrecker’s studio they will see rooms such as a kitchen, gardens, maid’s quarters, and many scarier rooms.

Mary-Grace McNutt is a second-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.