Record Setting Round for Women’s Golf!

Addysyn+Asmus+tied+for+20th+at+the+Central+Plains+Invitational%2C+helping+set+the+programs+new+program+record.+

Bruce Renfroe

Addysyn Asmus tied for 20th at the Central Plains Invitational, helping set the program’s new program record.

Addysyn Asmus, Contributing Writer

USAO’s women’s Golf team shot 12 strokes below the program record at the Central Plains Invitational in Salina, KS. The Drovers played two rounds of 18 holes at the Salina Country Club (Par 72, 5772 yards). The women placed 6th overall in their second tournament of the season, with a team total of 680.

Freshman Alix Schueneman, first bag for USAO, shot 82 in round one and 86 in her second for a total of 168 (+24). Schueneman tied for 20th. Addysyn Asmus also tied for 20th with scores of 87, 81 respectively with a total of 168 (+24).

Moriah Shropshire shot 89 and 82 for a total of 171, which earned her a 23rd place finish. The lone senior Allison Riddle placed 25th as an individual with scores of 85 and 88. Hudson Woloss finished in 27th with a total of 174 (+30). The single sophomore Caitlyn Henson totaled 177 (+33) to earn a 31st place finish.

Other individuals Hayley Forsbolm and Kiera Stehr shared a 41st place finish. Forsbolm shot 93 and 94 respectively. Stehr totaled 187 (+43) after shooting 94 and 93.

As the women continue into their season it is their hope to continue to set and break program history. Both USAO golf teams will host a tournament at their home course, Winter Creek Golf and Country Club October 3rd-4th in Blanchard, OK.

Addysyn Asmus is a first-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.