Editor’s Note – Sept. 12, 2022

Editor-in-Chief%2C+Daniel+voices+his+enthusiasm+as+the+Trend+continues+its+historic+journey+this+trimester.+

Erin Lynch

Editor-in-Chief, Daniel voices his enthusiasm as the Trend continues its historic journey this trimester.

Daniel Buster, Editor-in-Chief

This week on the Trend, we continue a run of historic publications. Last week we introduced photo essays and book reviews to the Trend, thanks to senior writer Mary-Grace McNutt, and one of this year’s contributing writers Rhiannon Quillin. This week, Thomas Buchanan, a first-year artist, will introduce illustrations to USAO’s student newspaper!

I am truly ecstatic to continue growing the Trend and its offerings, not only in its capacity to serve the campus of USAO, but to continue finding ways to elevate students and their work.

On a similar note, I would like to briefly explain how you can be involved with the Trend, if you so choose. The easiest way is to come find us in Davis 117 or email us at trend@usao.edu. We meet with the Trend’s staff every other Wednesday, and we have a meeting this week! Join us this Wednesday, September 14th at 4 p.m. in Davis 117, although following meetings will be held in the music pocket of Nash Library.

Lastly, be sure to check in this week as Mary-Grace McNutt takes over our Instagram (@thetrendusao) to get a closer look at what it’s like to be a communication major and Trend staffer!

Daniel Buster is a fourth-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.