Art in the City

Harrison Stone

Do you want to be etched into history forever? Chickasha is offering local artists the chance to paint murals in town. Photo taken by Harrison Stone Photo taken by Harrison Stone.

Harrison Stone, Managing Editor

Chickasha is calling all artists! In many cities, murals give the streets life. Murals will give a family driving something to look at and talk about on their journey. Two students strolling downtown can stop for pictures and entertain their Instagram followers with the colorful art of Chickasha. If you have ideas, send them to Chickasha to pay you to paint murals in town. There are some stipulations…

First, the art must reflect the ideals that Chickasha is trying to promote. Things like the unity of our community will be something they would like to emphasize. This city wants to bring people together. They want the very buildings to inspire this idea.

Next, they want the art on their buildings to reflect the true beauty of this world. Too often we are brought low due to the ugly, terrible things that happen in our time. A light at the end of the tunnel. The sunrise after a stormy night. They would like to see murals that reflect the hope of a better world. A beautiful world.

This is a huge opportunity to be seen. Did the people in the back hear that? Our artists here at USAO are exceptionally talented folk that may benefit by this kind of endeavor. Payment varies based on the size of the mural and expertise.

Calling all artists! Get your drawing books and paint ready. Chickasha has a job for you.

https://www.chickashaedc.com/contact-us/artwork-submission-form/?fbclid=IwAR1YOIHfWAKbQxbl9zLOGKF4-EQGQXh3NiT4ySOitREOXd4MpZf3SxBGLSk

Harrison Stone is a fourth-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.