Halloween Time

(1) Scissorhands, ready to cut your limbs out at the Art Department haunted house. (2) Bloody handprints linger on the walls of the haunted house. (3) Ready to scare, doing a haunted house walkthrough, before the big show. Photos by Mary-Grace McNutt.

Mary-Grace McNutt

BOO! With Halloween right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about what to dress up as. Around campus there will be two events held on Oct. 30, Trunk-or-Treat, and the USAO’s Art Department haunted house located at Art Wrecker in downtown Chickasha.

Trunk-or treat is an event where you park your car and pass out candy to younger kids. Here at USAO they will be holding Truck-or-Treat Oct. 30 from 6:30- 7:30 p.m. It will be held in front of Austin Hall and it will end at the President’s house, with our very own President Feaver handing out candy.

According to the poster, trunk-or-treat prizes will be given out to the top three car displays. The unnamed judges will be looking for creativity, originality, attention to detail, costumes, and the interaction with kids.

Trunk-or-treat is something that housing has done for many years, and has been done in many variations, depending on the weather. The director of housing and student life Bobbie Shores coincides with the city of Chickasha to include and connect with the community.

Truck-or-Treat is not the only thing going on around campus. Saturday, October 30th starting at 7 p.m, right after Trunk-or-Treat located at 222 West Chickasha Ave, USAO’s Art Department is holding a haunted house. Admission is $10, and it will showcase about 40 students’ art work.

“We are encouraging everyone and anyone to sign up, we have links and QR codes on the posters. Students who are part of a club or even an athletic group can sign up. If you don’t have a car or truck don’t worry about it, just fill out the form and we will set you up,” said Shores.

Mary-Grace McNutt is a freshman communication major from Chickasha, OK.