Intramural Sports are Back!

Gary Jackson

Intramural sports are back and better than ever! This semester will bring basketball and volleyball for all students and faculty to play. These sports are all free play for now but could turn into a league if enough people are interested. It’s a great way to be active, meet people, and have fun competing against everyone.

Basketball will be played every Monday and will continue till March 14th. The games will start at 8 p.m. and continue till 9:30 p.m. The games will also be played in the USAO fieldhouse.

Volleyball has already started, and it will continue every Tuesday until the end of this month.  The games will also be played from 8 – 9:30 p.m. The games will also be held in the USAO fieldhouse.

I had the opportunity to speak with Josh Roach, who is the coordinator for the intramural sports on campus. Josh likes being able to give students an outlet for social interaction and to let everyone come and have fun. He also plans to bring back intramural sports next year and has already seen interest in sports like tennis, ultimate frisbee, sand volleyball, and spike ball. The best part about all of this is it is up to the students on what sports we can play. Everyone should come out so you can have fun, make new friends, and decide which of your favorite sports we should play!

Gary Jackson is a first-year Communication major from Kingston, OK.