Editor’s Note – Jan. 30, 2023

Editor-in-Chief+Emily+Loughridge+advises+students+to+stay+weather+aware+this+week%2C+and+shares+a+few+of+The+Trends+upcoming+articles.+

Laura Barrios Bardi

Editor-in-Chief Emily Loughridge advises students to stay weather aware this week, and shares a few of The Trend’s upcoming articles.

Emily Loughridge, Editor-in-Chief

Is it just me or is this trimester flying by? Albeit, we haven’t had a full week of classes yet, and I don’t expect this fourth week to be any different. As this next round of bad weather hits, please stay safe and stay weather aware. Of course, if we get more snow please make more snowmen and enjoy the potential days off!

This week is another busy one for The Trend! The News Reporting II class is churning our reviews over various albums and movies, one of which you will see this week! Gabi Merchen gave a review over what she stated was her new favorite movie, “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.” This movie was just released and is still showing in theaters, so after the review make sure to grab a bag of popcorn and check it out for yourself!

Paul Tointigh has made his way into this week’s batch of articles. Tointigh chatted with the newly formed Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Chapter on campus, which is lead by senior golfer Grant Murphey. This group meets every Wednesday at 8 p.m. in the BCM building, which is located off-campus behind Sparks Hall. Tointigh, Murphey, and a few others discuss the goals for this new Chapter and what it could mean for athletes at USAO.

For the middle of this week, Anastasia Dulle is making her debut for The Trend. For her first article, Dulle is talking with members of the Students for a Progressive Society (SPS) about their protest against Senate Bill 129 and House Bill 101, both of which deal with banning healthcare for transgender individuals. The protest is January 31st from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., and the protest will take place along the center strip of 17th street in Chickasha.

These are just a few of our upcoming articles, so make sure to keep an eye on our social medias! If you have an idea or want to try your hand at writing please email us at trend@usao.edu. Our next meeting is February 6th at 4:10 p.m. in Nash Library’s Music Library!

**Updated: The protest has been moved to February 7th from 2-6 p.m. due to the winter weather; therefore, Anastasia’s article covering this event will be moved to mid-next week.

Emily Loughridge is a second-year Communication major at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma.